February 1, 2013

Just in time!! ...and why I love my job

Wow! I literally finished my January quilt with one hour to spare. I am just getting around to posting the photos at midnight because I spent the last hour talking with one of my "kids."

The photos aren't wonderful since it is dark...but I promise to post better ones later in the week after I have had a chance to wash the quilt and get it crinkly and ready to snuggle!!!




For those of you that don't know: I am a fraternity house mother. It is the best job in the world! Well, actually, I would assume that being a real mom is the best job in the world...but this has to be the next best thing. I am not sure the last time you have had a heart-to-heart with a college-aged man, but it is a pretty amazing experience. I have learned so much from these guys and I have discovered that they truly care about one another and the women in their lives. Tonight's conversation was intense and I am really glad I could be there to talk with him. I just want to share my favorite quote from our conversation because I think it really sums up the fact that these men are passionate, and that fraternity men (even in the year 2013) can think past beer and casual hook-ups. "There are only three that matter in this world: God, country, and that person whose life you value more than your own." 
I sure do love my job!!

Previous posts on this quilt can be found here and here.

I will be linking up to the end-of-January linky party for A Lovely Year of Finishes!

2 comments:

  1. Love your finish, congratulations! Love the quote, too. If only we were all so wise so young!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those guys are lucky to have you. And you're right--being a real mom is the most wonderful job in the world, especially with kids like mine!! :)

    ReplyDelete