February 5, 2013

A new fabric stack

Last week I picked up this stack of fabric from Joann. I am really excited about the collaborative quilt that is going to made with this bundle of lovelies.

My "step-aunt", Aunt Lisa, asked for my help in a very special project. Lisa is the principal at an Ohio elementary school, and one of her students is battling childhood cancer. Lisa does Team In Training in support of Caulin and wanted a way for all of the students to show their support for Caulin. Here is a photo of Caulin and Lisa:

Last week I cut the white fabric into 9.5" squares and sent them off to Valley Elementary. Each class at the elementary school will decorate one of the blocks. I will then put the squares together with sashing and make a quilt to send back to Lisa as a gift for Caulin. I will keep you updated once I receive the blocks!

This is going to be such a fun quilt to put together next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment