January 17, 2013

Teaching Quilting

I would love, love, LOVE to teach quilting classes someday. What a dream job! Until the day comes when I can finally do something so amazing, I will have to settle for teaching my friends to make creations of their own. :)

This is my friend, Laura, with the baby quilt she made for a friend. Woohoo! Way to go, Laura!!


And here is my friend, Kelley, slaving away at the sewing machine while I watch TV and sit on my couch under a cozy quilt...

Today I will be teaching two other friends to make quilted pillows! We his a local fabric shop yesterday and had a blast looking at pretty colors and coming up with ideas. 

I absolutely LOVE quilting. I love every step of the process and feel so relaxed and happy when I am able to spend time creating. I have had so many people ask me to help them learn to quilt, and I honestly hope that I can sit down and teach every single one of these people! However, it is slightly difficult to sit down with a friend who lives in another state. This is why I have decided to create a series of blog posts that will help others learn this craft. I will break down the quilting process into manageable steps and hopefully come up with a pattern for a sampler quilt that I will also show how to make - from start to finish! I want this blog to be a resource to my friends and anyone else perusing the internet who is interested in becoming a quilter. 

Keep your eyes peeled for the Learn to Quilt series! If you have questions along the way please ask - and if there is something specific you want to learn just let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment