April 9, 2012

Happy Birthday, Isaac!

Isaac said that all he wanted for his birthday was for me to finish his quilt. But I did him one better...I made pillows to go with it!! I used some of the same fabrics for the pillows that I had used in his quilt.

Here are the pillows when they were still on my "design wall" (aka my living room wall).


The pillow on the top was inspired by Mosaic Block from the Summer Sampler Series. The only difference is that I made a block that finished at 16" square in order to fit the pillow form. 


For the second pillow I used Elizabeth Hartman's tutorial for the Mod Mosaic Floor Pillow. My pillow finishes at 20" square. Elizabeth has created a tutorial that is really simple to follow - and I love the way it looks!!




1 comment:

  1. What cute pillows! They're such great complements to each other without being too matchy-matchy.

    ReplyDelete