November 7, 2011

I have the best job in the world

I am so lucky to have a job that I love and that allows me to spend time learning to quilt. :)

I am a graduate student at the University of Maryland and a house mom for Sigma phi Epsilon fraternity. That's right, I live with 30 men!! I LOVE MY JOB!! Our house is owned by the university and is beautiful. I have my own apartment in the house, so I do not share a shower with all of my house-mates. I handle facility issues and make sure the house is up to fire code and that there are no broken lightbulbs or holes in the walls. I also take graduate classes towards my degree in higher education administration - but my favorite classes of the year are quilting classes that have nothing to do with the University of Maryland! i am pretty sure the men I live with are tired of me showing them all of my works in progress. But, too bad! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment