February 10, 2014

Handmade Christmas

This year, I decided to make quilts for my family for Christmas. Today I will be sharing two of those quilts that I made for my brothers. I wanted them to both be large quilts that would fit well on a couch. 

The first was for my brother, Jonathan. This quilt used a variety of navy prints that I cut into 42 strips (2.5" x WOF). I used Kona White for the neutral strips. I followed the directions in this YouTube video to assemble the quilt top. I quilted this one with my usual wavy lines. 


The second quilt I made was for Isaac. This quilt was made using my Arrow Quilt pattern from Quilty magazine. I used Michael Miller Cotton Couture solids for the quilt top. Again, this one was quilted in wavy lines. The three middle arrows look to be the same color in this photo - but they really aren't. I guess I should have taken pictures in better daylight!


I really loved making both of these quilts and am happy that both of my brothers have a large quilt to use in their apartments :)

2 comments:

  1. Oooo... I can't wait to see the others you made for Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! I especially love the navy and white one. It's so graphic.

    ReplyDelete