May 29, 2013

I'm a teacher after all!

Growing up I always dreamed of being a teacher, though I changed my career path in college and never earned an education degree. But don't worry - I will still be a teacher. And what is better than teaching jr. high? Teaching sewing!!! (of course!) This fall I will teach the Sewing Circle Tote class at Capital Quilts and I am beyond excited about the opportunity! I may even end up teaching a class this summer - if I can come up with a project. :)

Here is a photo of my first tote using Elizabeth Hartman's pattern. Today I purchased some fabric to make a second tote to have on display in the store. Eeeek!


And, to make today even better...I will also start working part-time at Capital Quilts!! I am so excited to talk with people about their projects and to cut fabric from the beautiful bolts. I hope that you will come say "hi" once I start work!

I still don't have a full-time job lined up for the fall, but who can be sad about that when I have a job at a quilt store!?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Anna - that is too cool! I know you'll be an excellent teacher. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete