April 19, 2013

Sewing Circle Tote

Last month Elizabeth Hartman of Oh, Fransson! posted photos of a bag she had designed to carry all of her quilting supplies to sewing days with friends. Since I am such a fan of sewing with others I knew that I needed to make this bag and started counting down the days until the pattern was released.

The finished exterior of the bag

I absolutely love the pattern!! Elizabeth has written this in a way that is very easy to follow and the photos help to figure out the steps. She has included helpful tips that were able to boost my confidence when sewing. I got to try out many new skills with this project: working with different types of interfacing, creating zip pockets, quilt-as-you-go panels, making elastic pouches, and the overall task of constructing a bag. Elizabeth really breaks everything down into very manageable pieces!


I love the fabrics I chose (most of which come from the VeloCity line from P&B Textiles). This was my first time using Essex Yarn Dyed Linen and I absolutely love the feel of it! I originally wanted black, but was unable to find enough. I ended up using denim (the same color Elizabeth used on hers) and I really love the look!

I love, love, love this bag and can't wait to use it at the upcoming DC Modern Quilt Guild sew-in and drag it all the way to Michigan with me for Camp Stitchalot!

And, here is the final product!! I can't wait to load it up with all of my tools and toys. I will make sure to show you an updated photo soon of my bag hard at work!



I'm linking this post to Finish It Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts



7 comments:

  1. So awesome! I can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. do i get to see this bag in use on sunday? i can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is next up on my table. I have all my supplies and I can't wait to make it. Yours looks great. Nice to read such a positive review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Can't wait to see it. Would this possibly be a retreat project?
    Linda F.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a cute bag, Anna! Well done! I agree that Elizabeth is a great pattern writer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could be a fun retreat project! I probably need to make two, with the number of projects I like to carry around!

    ReplyDelete