April 30, 2013

Finish It 2012

Since January I have been using the hashtag #finishit2012 for a lot of quilting projects. This hashtag movement was started by Megan at Canoe Ridge Creations. While I have been making a lot of progress on outstanding WIPs this year, I have finished up something even more exciting....my college education! I started school at a community college in fall 2005 and last Thursday I finished after eight years!!! It is such a great feeling to know I don't have any more paper, project, or presentations and that I don't have to read another academic book or journal (unless I want to)!

So here is my Instagram shot from my last paper-writing session. #finishit2012


Want to know how I will be celebrating the end of this era? I am heading off to sewing camp!!! If you are looking for me this weekend you can find me at Camp Stitchalot, hosted by Pink Castle Fabrics. I am looking forward to this fun weekend and figuring out which projects to pack: quilts, op, dresses, bags, tons of fabric, and lots of exciting patterns! Eeek!!!


Right now I have a suitcase full of fabric and projects and a small-ish tote with my clothing. I feel like this is completely acceptable. :)

2 comments: