March 9, 2013

Shortcake


I have finally been making progress on the Shortcake quilt I started in December 2011! The photo above shows the status of the project in January. I have now finished all of the quilt blocks. Woohoo!

I started these blocks when I had first started quilting and they were sewn on my old sewing machine. There is definitely a huge difference in the quality of piecing I made in 2011 and the blocks I have been making now. This photo shows some of that difference. The quality of the original piecing made finishing the blocks difficult, and in the end I made the blocks finish at 8" as opposed to the 8.5" they are supposed to be.


This quilt is made with the Shortcake pattern from Cluck Cluck Sew. Fabric is Ruby from Bonnie and Camille for Moda. I used two jelly rolls for this quilt because it's a large queen-size.


Here are the wonderful stacks of finished blocks. I am looking forward to spring break and having the chance to lay these out in the basement and to get the top pieced together!


1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your progress this Sunday!

    ReplyDelete