February 17, 2013

I'm a Single Girl

There's nothing like Valentine's Day to remind you that you are single. Personally, I had a fun holiday! I got to celebrate "singles awareness day" with three of the women I advise. We went to Build-a-Bear and then got lunch at Panera. We were definitely the four oldest people making stuffed animals - but we had a great time. Aren't our bunnies cute? And Panera....mmmmm...all of my friends know that I have a not-so-secret addiction :)

Speaking of single girls and Valentine's Day...it is time for me to start my Single Girl quilt. The Single Girl quilt was designed by Denyse Schmidt and is a modern take on the traditional Double Wedding Ring quilt. 

This one is going to be quite a challenge for my quilting abilities, but I can't wait! You can check out other peoples' finished Single Girl quilts on the Flickr group. I have chosen to use Joel Deweberry's Notting Hill fabric in my quilt. I love these colors!

I originally started to make my quilt by cutting out templates and arranging m fabrics. Those templates are scary! I am so worried that I will not be able to make everything perfect and that the curved pieces won't end up matching up correctly. Thankfully, I posted the following photo on Instagram and Katie (Swim, Bike, Quilt) told me about paper-pieced templates. She gave me a set so I am going to make a bunch of copies and give them a try. Thank you so much Katie!! 

I will keep you all posted on the progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment