June 7, 2012

My temporary quilting studio

The fraternity house is empty for the summer and though I miss the company of 30 men, I am happy to have empty rooms in the house. The first floor of the house is occupied by common areas, my apartment, and one other bedroom. I have converted that bedroom into my quilting studio for the summer and I LOVE IT! It is absolutely blissful to have a space where I can keep my sewing machine set up. I have already found that it is easier to squeeze in a half hour of sewing here and there.

I have my sewing machine set up on one desk and my cutting mat on the other. Because there is so much empty space in this room I can display in-progress quilts and my fabric stash. I cannot wait to have my own quilting studio in the future--I absolutely love the inspiration that comes from seeing all of my wonderful quilting toys. :)


This is going to be a great summer!

1 comment: