May 9, 2012

Quilt Shop: Sew to Speak

While home last weekend my mom and I ventured to a modern quilt shop in Columbus, Sew to Speak. To say this place was enchanting would be an understatement! They had so many fabric lines that I have only seen on the internet or in my dreams. :)


This is an area where they teach classes. Check out all the awesome samples! These amazing creations were not just confined to this corner - they were strewn all over the shop.

I can't wait to someday have a quilt rack full like this. Do you see that Single Girl quilt using the pattern by Denyse Schmidt? This is the first Single Girl I have seen in real life...and now it is definitely on my list of must makes!!
And the most amazing sample in the store. No pattern was used in the making of this triangle quilt - but the idea was inspired by a quilt found at Anthropologie. I LOVE the fabric choice and design. The back was a large log cabin and was also very modern and fun. The quilt artist even made her own pom poms to use as fringe around the quilt. I am absolutely in love.
Ahhhhhh...the fabric! Such beautiful colors. I could seriously sit in this store for hours looking at the beautiful fabrics, patterns and samples! It felt like I was inside so many of the blogs that I read on a daily basis. I will definitely return to Sew to Speak the next time I am in Ohio!!

And here is the loot I walked away with! :)
I finally scored a fat quarter bundle of Flea Market Fancy!! And check out the adorable owl fabric. I also purchased a quick guide to embroidery, three fat quarters, and the Effie and Ollie pattern to make elephant pin cushions or stuffed animals.

2 comments:

  1. I might add that it is a feast for the senses just to be in that place, surrounded by so much beauty. I can't wait to go back--we might have to pack a lunch and stay all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats soooo amazing I wish there was a shop like that here!!

    ReplyDelete